Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Valentine Prep

Are you preparing for Valentine's Day? Are you going out to some fancy-schmancy dinner? Are you making a card for your Sweetie?
I couldn't resist this pattern for a cotton Valentine Doily. It's called "Heart's Desire." I used light pink Reynolds Saucy cotton and a size "G" hook. I'm going to try working this one again with a smaller hook and two colors. It's really a sweet pattern. I photographed it on three different backgrounds, which gives the pale pink cotton a different cast in each photo!
I've been working on a scarf and/or cowl for our second annual WeHo SnB Valentine's Day swap. This is really a fun event. Everyone who wants to participate let's our cruise director, Natalie, know. She matches everyone up. I know who I'm knitting and/or crocheting a scarf or a cowl for, but I do not know who is making one for me! We wrap up our yarny gifts and sometimes include other small V-Day goodies. It's a yarny love-fest! This year's event takes place at the Original Farmers Market, upstairs dining area, 7-9pm on Thursday, February 17th. I can't wait!

Last Year's Yarny Love-Fest @ WeHo SnB


NEXT DAY:
OK, I tried the pattern with two different color cotton yarns....pink for the trim, burgundy for the hearts. I don't like it as much as the single color of cotton. This pattern is just too busy to handle two different colors. Back to one color!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:30 PM PST, Blogger susanc said...

Very pretty Ellen! Thanks for the link to the pattern; I'll have to make up a few of these. :)

 
At 4:49 PM PST, Anonymous Suzette said...

Ooooh, I love anything with hearts. Thank you for the link!

 
At 9:15 PM PST, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, I love those heart doilies! I'll have to go on a hunt in my stash for a good cotton.

Back to work on my swap scarf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery